If you really are an aspiring Press Machine Operator, here are some Job skills and requirements you may take into consideration.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Math Skills: Punch press operators may need to have good math skills or develop it first because this will help them understand complex instruction, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: Of course, Punch press operators will need to be aware of why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix some errors.
- Attention to Detail: Punch presses are precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Mechanical and Technical Skills: Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand CAD/CAM technology.
- Stamina: Punch press operators often work long hours doing repetitive movements so they may need to work on their stamina. Punch press operation is not an easy job, though it is manageable, still, operators need to have enough strength as this requires mental capability.
Some Examples of skills that you may acquire if you enroll in this short course include:
- -Applying Safety Practices
- -Interpreting working drawings and sketches
- -Selecting and cutting workshop materials
- -Performing shop computations (Basic)
- -Performing Preventive and Corrective maintenance
- -Measuring Workpiece (Basic)
- -Performing press machine setting
- -Performing mechanical press operation
Press Machine Operation NC I takes up to a minimum of atleast 294 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this short TESDA course include:
-Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
-High School or College Diploma
-Certified true copy of Transcript of records of Form 137
-Certificate of Good Moral Character
-1x1 or 2x2 Pictures
Qualified Graduates of Press Machine Operation NC I can find employment as a Press Worker.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in this short course may be required to undergo a competency assessment before graduation. Note: this is not mandatory, ths is based on the decision of whoever handles the credentials. You can take this at any of the TESDA-Accredited Assessment Centers for Press Machine Operation NC I that are listed on the site. A National Certificate (NC I) will be issued to those who will pass this assessment process. You can find more information on assessments and certification if you go to your nearest TESDA institution or visit the official website of TESDA.