Are you currently unemployed or a displaced worker? Are you an out-of-school youth?
Here’s your chance to earn a TESDA National Certificate for free.
The University of Southern Philippines Foundation Learning Resource Center opens 25 scholarship grant slots for BARISTA NC II training, tentatively scheduled to begin on February 24, 2024. Classes will be every Saturday and Sunday, from 8AM to 5PM.
- 18 to 55 years old
- at least a Senior High School graduate
- preferably unemployed, underemployed, displaced workers, or out-of-school youth
For interested applicants, please visit the USPF LRC, Mondays to Fridays, from 8:30AM to 5:30PM look for Ms. Ann.
Acceptance is on a "first come, first serve" basis.
The TESDA Barista NC II is a certification program offered by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) in the Philippines. NC II stands for National Certificate Level II, indicating that it is a vocational qualification recognized nationwide.
The Barista NC II program provides training on various aspects of coffee preparation and service, including but not limited to:
- Operating espresso machines and other coffee-making equipment
- Preparing different types of coffee beverages (e.g., espresso, cappuccino, latte)
- Frothing milk and creating latte art
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation in the workplace
- Providing quality customer service
Upon completion of the program and passing the assessment, participants receive the Barista NC II certificate, which can enhance their employment opportunities in the food and beverage industry, particularly in coffee shops, restaurants, hotels, and cafes.